Wednesday 9 January 2013

Tube Project

After being set our first project 'tube-works' I found it difficult to find a starting point for this but then realised it was just as simple as the pipes under your sink, which lead me to take my work down the industrial tubes path as well as research other tube forms such as straws and instruments, and as there wasn't to be an outcome for this project I began designing based on these types of tubes. I felt that this helped improve my illustration skills.

we were also set a group task to produce a screen print based on our similar project themes. I found it very difficult to be put in this situation as our groups seemed to have very strong opinionated people who all wanted different designs but we all worked it out in the end and the screen print looked great. Then transforming the print into a garment which is a very tubular shape, before settling on the final garment shape i used a mannequin to see different variations of the material. I took it upon myself to create a photo shoot using a photographer I know, I decided to use a black background for the photos as I thought this was a more appropriate colour for the topic. The photos work really well, I am very pleased with the result




No comments:

Post a Comment